Mar 16, 2009

"Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." ~Samuel Butler

It's been a rainy week in Houston. Some things we've been learning this past week...
  • Lamps make a big difference in a room -thanks Sol & Jonathan!!
  • a few new shirts can change a whole wardrobe (and attitude), and old shirts need to just get thrown out -thanks again Sol, I needed your help
  • Trying to pull a baby out of a bumbo seat with bear legs in sticky Houston, is not easy work.... pants are helpful, or extra arms/hands... a sense of humor is also needed
  • You can get a lot done in little time, if you want too
  • I'm really enjoying sewing a lot!!!
  • Tulips are beautiful to watch grow
  • Mashed peas + Penelope sneezing = mess
  • Memorizing Bible verses is hard
  • Bias tape makers (folders) are super fun and helpful!
  • Cutting my hair super short is always like a new start, I'm glad i cut it
  • taxes are done and it was worth the 15 bucks to have the step-by-step on Turbo Tax
  • Azaleas are blooming, remember to drive the 'long way' home more often to see them all!
  • Coffee is still favorite

Questions and thoughts:

  • Why do I not go to the fabric store within walking distance more often?
  • it's hard to find a nice fitting bathing suit...
  • i LOVE books!! too many on my list...
  • why does Penny go down sooo great for naps and fight sleep at night?
  • where do i find pattern/tracing paper for sewing?
  • having some what of a 'dinner meal plan' has made our evenings so much less stressful, I'm surprised for some reason...
  • I'm so super excited for all the count downs that we have going on
  • why is going to the Post Office always postponed? oh - never mind, I know why.. urg
  • we need to see Houston, and a bit more of Texas for that matter
  • my coffee needs a-fillin'



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for an update! I enjoyed it. Do you have a pic of your new haircut? IF you have a pic, would you email it to me? yay haircuts! and yay new shirts!

I would have loved to see these two happenings:
"Mashed peas + Penelope sneezing = mess"
and
"Trying to pull a baby out of a bumbo seat with bear legs in sticky Houston, is not easy work.... pants are helpful, or extra arms/hands... a sense of humor is also needed"

:) No love,
KBN

Timothy said...

First,
It is still so weird that you have a child. Actually, it is weird that most of my friends have children.
Second,
I love your blog. Seriously, the pictures are fantastic, and I love getting to learn about what you guys are up to!

Keep doin your thing, cause you guys are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Putting dates on your entries would help us organizationally challenged folks who can't easily figure them out.

So, no update yet from the invasion of the in-laws?

Grampa D.