The heat index yesterday was 100. Today the high was the same, 93 degrees but the winds from the storms blowing in an out made it chilly driving home. So I'm waiting to see if I need to water my plants or if the rain will do it for me. I'll give the clouds a few more minutes.
Speaking of plants, some are doing great and others, well... not so great. Oh, and the car was almost not so great either. But - in the end it did pass inspection on it's second try!! Yeah, we get to drive around in the big 'ole car another summer - without air conditioning. I've come to the conclusion that I will NOT complain about the heat because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it other than change my attitude to try and enjoy it. So I will try.
However, if we do need a new/old car, I don't think I'd mind having one with air. I shouldn't worry about it either, while watching some kids this week, and driving them around in my car, they are amazed. Wow, your car is 17 years old! They also assured me that if my car didn't pass inspection that I would be able to get a really great car, "Don't worry, you'll sell your car for lots and lots of money because there aren't many old cars like this still running, so someone probably really wants one!!" Yup, every collector's looking for an old run-of-the-mill Chrysler that's a whooping 17 years old. fun stuff though!!
Weaving and spinning is going well. I am a few hours still away from cutting the current project off my loom. So excited to start the next experiment. I got the rest of the supplies on Monday that I'll need. In the meantime, I'll try to finish all the odds and ends I've started... I have a few friends that keep me company...
4 comments:
i'll swap you some seattle clouds for some texas heat any day.
glad to see you on here, and i look forward to reading about your day to day...
xo rachel
yeah!!! so happy to read your blog, sarah! hopefully we'll see you this summer at the wedding!! love the photos of your weaving...beautiful stuff!
aww, i miss you girly! :) I still want to visit sometime, but you know, if you're ever sick of TX and hmmm want to brave some winters-- you are ALWAYS welcome in MN. :) hehehe. aww, I think of you every time i go to Caribou. That's what you need-- lots of caramel coolers. :)
Good luck changing your attitude about the TX heat. I never could do it. haha.
Post a Comment