Mar 17, 2007

What have we been up to...

Um good question. So we've been busy, with what I'm not sure. You know getting over colds, sitting in the sun, preparing future weavings, going to the library, reading books, and oh, having my in-laws visit for a week. We had a wonderful time and they brought good weather with them! It was sunny and warm, not to humid... we only turned on the AC once or twice if the oven was on and cooking. However there were no major outings outside of Houston while they were here. We had the idea of exploring San Antonio or Galveston, however I was rather sick the entire time and slowed things down considerably. So many of my trips involved the three block walk to CVS for more cough drops and such things. Talk about exciting.

Regardless we had a great time, well at least from my point of view. We eat outside for many of our meals and even learned how to use the metro rail that took us to the rodeo! The rodeo was quite fun, a highlight of the week. We also explored my favorite grocery store which is a field trip in itself. Also a few other adventures included venturing into some secondhand shops and having a grand tour of the downtown underground tunnel system which connects the skyscrapers, lead by Mr Jack Daniels himself.

So today, the rain has stopped and it's beautiful outside, there are flowers everywhere! We're hopefully going to the livestock section of the Rodeo today. I'm excited because the Houston Weaving Group has a booth set up that I want to visit. Plus I love walking around and seeing all the animals. However we must wait. JD got a lovely speeding ticket and is taking a drivers safety course to clear the points and lessen the fine by a large amount. So I've been playing with the fabric paints I just got in the mail and am interested in painted some warp with them. It will be a fun experiment. Yup, and then even more exciting, we'll get our taxes finished, and possibly have a popsicle. Yes, a popsicle sounds nice.

No comments: