Oct 1, 2010

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." ~Hans Christian Anderson


This morning Penelope and I planted some flowers. It is good to have some color in our little pots outside. And the weather has been so lovely this week, it was asking for time spent outdoors. Above is a random picture of some sedum - i love it and we planted a few different ones. So that's what we've been doing, spending some good time outside, letting the air inside and wake up you lungs - enough of this air conditioner air - ick...

Ellie's a full blown crawler, going everywhere. Under tables, around chairs, climbing the gate at the door, even Penny's enjoyed it - proclaiming "Ellie crawling!" It's quite the treat to see.

The newest countdown is for my sister to visit - only 33 more days! :) we can not wait!!! just had to share!

So i haven't been on here awhile and I'll tell you why. I tried a few silly and interesting things this summer in order to get back into the swing of things after Ellie was born. I realized i was putting things off because i thought i didn't have time. Fact was i wasn't using my time very well. So, i started timing myself at different tasks, learning that in fact i do have time to empty and load the dishwasher, start a load of laundry, prep something for dinner, quick clean up the floor - those types of things. It's been an interesting journey and i'm glad i've been doing it.

However, learning all this about myself made me rethink some other things too. Like, time i spend on the computer, watching any tv, and so forth. So computer time is limited, hard to do but good. and I used to watch a cooking show while nursing Ellie to sleep for her nap and realized if i didn't turn it off right away, i'd leave it on most the afternoon and get half the stuff done i needed to. So i've cut that out too. It's left me with more time to get the necessary stuff done, like wash the dishes in the sink, but also the fun stuff too - like extra time to read that next chapter in the novel I've got going, or write another letter, finish bible study or work on some sewing projects. So we're trying to figure it all out. To make new habits and work them out in our little family unit.

That being said, both the dryer and dishwasher have finished their tasks. Both girls are sleeping and I'm secretly hoping JD will call and come home from work early... not likely, but I can hope anyway!

No comments: