(hunting for tree in our 'forest' aka Ikea)
So we got a Christmas tree! And got quite the deal again. Ikea had their 20 dollar tree sale, so we went the first night and picked one up and borrowed a tree stand from some traveling friends. We got to decorate it last night and I'm totally loving it!
But the one thing we are amazed with is the beautiful shape. We both commented on it when we unbound it once in the stand. (the past two years we've bought the trees without knowing their shape, so we could put them in the car!) so I searched for pictures of the tree last year, and JD's first comment was "I don't remember it being so ugly!" Haha! I don't think we thought it was ugly last year, we loved it as it was a cheap nice smelling tree. But wow, compared to this year's it's quite shaggy looking.
(last year's tree)
Penny has too enjoyed the tree, petting it and kissing the hanging 'kid-safe' ornaments at her level. She's only pulled at some garland once, so we'll work on that.
*snow update* it's now sticking to the grass!!! when penny wakes up we might have to explore after lunch!!!
and I'll leave you with some Houston snow fact - just for fun!!
1 comment:
i'm glad to be catching up on your blog! it's looks like you're back at it too, after a long time away. i'm trying to do the same! i love the pics of penny and the snippets of your daily life...
i wish you all weren't so far away!
(sigh)
and where do you get your great quotes?
xox
Post a Comment