Oct 28, 2009

"Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures." ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr


We had a lovely Sunday. We got to church almost on time. Came home and had a nice german pancake with berries. Played a little and everyone took nice long naps until about 4:30! The weather here was wonderful! So we decided to look for a playground I've seen and didn't know how to get to. With some luck I'm sure, we made it - and so did everyone else! It was packed!!! The actual play ground structures had hardly any surface showing - just kids climbing everywhere, picture ants covering a dropped popsicle...

So we enjoyed the swings, walking around and keeping Penelope from taking other kid's balls and playthings. We need to bring her one of her own next time. Next we enjoyed tacos at one of our favorite taco places - yummy!! Here Penny had her first taste of horchata (a Mexican drink - basically a cinnamon rice milk) and loved it! It was still quite early, so I asked if we could drive home the long way past my favorite water fountain. JD was up for it and we head through town and were surprised at the construction progress was almost entirely complete on on of the main drags in Houston! We passed by the bookstore we used to frequent before Penelope was born and I commented on it. At the next light JD asked if I wanted to go - so we went to the bookstore! A new one though, closer to us that had just opened up. It was huge and nice, Penelope was overwhelmed with a huge rack of calenders, all pictures of dogs. we walked around for a little and Penny played in the little chairs in the kids section. We ended up finding a fun wooden xylophone for her which she loves playing with in the nursery, went home and played with it all night until bed time. It was a very nice and pleasant end to the day.

Monday was filled with 20 plus hours of rain... but that's okay i guess!


While stuck in some traffic a few minutes from home yesterday, I tried to take some pictures of one of my favorite structures in downtown. It's not too exciting, but I call it the "floating ring." It simply connects buildings, mainly the old Enron building (all mirrors) to the others building and parking garages... We hardly have any pictures of where we live, so I thought I'd share a few!



2 comments:

Timothy said...

So great reading your blog!

I miss Penny... even though I've only ever read about her.

I hope Sarah and I get to see you guys at some point soon!!

Sarah said...

Hi, my sweet friend,
I really enjoyed reading your blog post. It is such a treat to be able to catch glimpses of your city.
Oh, and after you mentioned homemade ice cream to me (yesterday?), I wanted some! I may have to make my own soon:).