So I've drawn many, painted a few, and photographed even less self portraits. One would think the camera deal would be an easier catch. Again I teach myself that cameras and I just don't always get along, behind OR in front of them! so much for trying to show you my little experiment this morning...
Story goes: I've been planning on sewing a least one dress this summer, just one. It hasn't happened yet, I've been parked in a slump of not creating much. After my bathrobe disaster last year (don't try sewing things to fit while pregnant, for when you're not pregnant... for some reason stuff does doesn't work out.. i wonder...). I'm trying to forget that one. so again, I'm still looking for ideas of bathrobes - lite weight cottons, blah blah blah... It may sound awful to you but when i wake up in the morning, the 80 degrees we keep our apartment at seems a wee bit chilly. I use JD's old flannel. Long sleeves in everything, do not, I repeat, DO NOT stay rolled up. Last night I'm reading a blog that I frequent and got up this morning and was ready to try it! No sewing, but totally fast. fun, and i have a few old long sleeves that I have not worm since moving. Anyway, thought i would share it with you all, and can't take a picture worth a penny. The camera also ran out of batteries and i wasn't about to make another attempt, at least not today.
Hmm, that was a longer story than I thought it would be, oops. I spent today working on my goal of finishing a dress - this included a fun trip to High Fashion down the street and pattern is cut out and ready to be made into something!! I'm only pausing to enjoy some vanilla ice cream and nutella, yum! :)
Hopefully a picture of the dress will be more descriptive than what you have today of the t-shirt-turned-cardigan, but I'm not promising anything.
3 comments:
You're so crafty, Sarah:). I'm just trying to motivate myself to tackle some hemming (and maybe finish my wedding scrapbook- from over TWO YEARS ago!). I'd love to see your handiwork, though, when you can get the camera to cooperate with you.
PS. Ice cream with nutella? That sounds divine!
Wow.. love that t-shirt-turned-cardigan idea too! I will have to try that. Thanks for the link. Looking forward to seeing a dress soonish!!!
no love. :)
KBN
More pleeeease! :) Not like you don't have other stuff to do!
KBN
Post a Comment