Mar 4, 2008

“I've been a long time coming, and I'll be a long time gone. You've got your whole life to do something, and that's not very long.” ~Ani Defranco

so what have we been doing...

well, not too much. I've been enjoying a clean apartment now for a week! A WHOLE WEEK! It's been lovely! JD had been away for almost 3 weeks and things got behind, a great friend came and helped me get my rear into gear and it's good! and JD's been home for a whole week now, which is wonderful, he was working, but ready to come home!

the weather here has been warm and inviting. Everything is green and many plants are blooming flowers all ready. The windows get opened and being outside is enjoyable as there are not many bugs around - yet. But then we get some cooler days in between... So I've been working on the same weaving that's been warped on my loom since the beginning of January! urg. It has not been going well. So after some thought and counsel on the project, I ended up cutting out half the strings and now it's weaving smoother than ever. I'm attempting to make a looped, or 'high pile' rug. We'll see, I've never tried this before. It takes a lot long than I thought it would... but then most of my projects do, so I'm not sure why I don't expect this?

um... what else has been happening.. oh! I made an alfredo sauce to go with chicken and tortellini tonight, and it was so good! I had some cream from a dessert I made on Friday and never use the whole little carton, so I figured to try and use it up. Well, it actually worked! It was so yummy to have nice sauce and it didn't take extra time or much effort at all. So that was a nice little end to today. That and the nice accidental nap that happened while watching good ole Arthur...

3 comments:

rachel said...

glad to see you on here again! i've just been gorging myself on all your posts that i've missed. i couldn't remember the name of your blog and when i searched i couldn't find it. i guess i could have just asked you, but in the moment i always forgot. anyways, i linked to you on my blog to solve that problem; hope you don't mind. i've wanted to say that i really enjoy how you start with a quote, and an inspiring one at that, and also: i love your avacado growing thing! i think i will try it. i have a venus flytrap that has just flowered, which is a good sign i'm not killing it, hahaha

looking forward to more tidbits from you...
xo rachel

rachel said...

so when're you gonna blog again? hmm? hmm? how are you doing?

Sarah said...

I love reading ANYTHING you have to write on this thing.
I also really like making cream sauces, and once you know how to do it, you can make it so many different ways, so now I've started keeping cream on hand:).