Oct 25, 2007

"Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you." ~Langston Hughes

Wow. It's almost 'fall - like' here in Texas for the past few days. Last week and weekend it was in the mid 90's and quite humid. Then on Monday it rained like crazy and bought the heat down to a refreshing 60! It's nice! I've been enjoying hot chai tea and I've been able to wear a long sleeve shirt for 2 days now!

Yes, so I've been working off and on the past week, leaving the tactile arts slow in coming to shape. However, my little plants continue to grow with or with out my full attention, so I thought I would share my avocado experiment with you. It has been growing a full 1/2 inch for the past week. Once it reaches 7 inches, one's supposed to hack it down to about 4 or so inches to encourage more root growth before you put it into a planter. Fun stuff.

So now I'm trying the same thing with paperwhite bulbs. I'll keep you posted. And that's all. For now. I'm so close to being done threading my loom to get started but I keep playing with spinning the sample of soy silk that I acquired on Thursday... crazy stuff...

No comments: