It's almost done. There was about 5 or 6 fat quarter sized samples that I had dyed while taking a class at Penland, and I figured it was about time to do something with them. So I started cutting and decided it would be simply as large as it made itself. And so it is. There's nothing too fancy about it other then that it's all silk and feels super soft and cool. So I need to finish binding it and then it shall be finished!
Yup. The sun is out and beautiful. It's hot and drying out the everlasting puddles that we've been collecting down here. My few surviving plants are perking up quickly to the sun and I'm excited to see them start to flower again. The avocado pit is splitting in many places and you can see the start of a root tip emerging into the water. I'm excited to see it sprout from the top of the pit!
Math and planning for the next weaving adventure has started... I've been looking for the right material for the weft and I think that a jersey knit fabric would work well - it's going to be a rug. Well, at least I think so. The last weaving that I finished, with the indigo colors, was really fun even though I'm not sure how to use them now... ideas are welcome. There are six squares in total. The texture is really great and it was a successful experiment. Figuring out how to dye everything in the bath tub, weaving two sections at the same time, and all that jazz...

1 comment:
i've thought about dyeing stuff in the bathtub before, but we have a white porcelain tub, and i worried it might stain. (then again, cheap RIT dye)
what do you use? does it not stain?
Post a Comment