It raining buckets. Really. It's that heavy and intense, like buckets full, nice and loudly.
Which is good, our car needs a wash. JD got the old New Yorker running two days ago. Can you believe it? I hardly could, I had to start it myself. Right as it did, it started raining so we pulled it out of the parking garage where it was living for oh, about a month and of course, once I put it in park - it stops raining. I call these the 'teasing rains of Houston.' It will do that ALL day long. Okay, it's not raining, lets go walk to the grocery store. Shoes on, list in hand, bags all ready, and I lock the door, walk to the sidewalk, and BAM - buckets of water - everywhere...
at least it's not boring.
So we've been in PA and MN, both wonderful trips! Weather was fantastic and I was even able to get some sun. (Which of course, returning to rain... all peeled away) I've gotten one weaving finished since we've been back. We dyed the fiber for it very carefully in our bathtub. Talk about a bit challenging. I was trying to make an indigo color, with no indigo.. it's actually really close.

The finished product will be up shortly. For those of you interested, this is a 20/2 natural cotton dyed soda soak method. It worked really well, without a lot of run off dye. Hopefully I'll get an indigo pot going, and soon!
Um, other than that, the only other thing I'm working on it trying to grow a tree from an avocado pit. I hear it works really well and makes a nice little house plant. So, I'll let you know how it goes.
1 comment:
wow, no indigo and you got so close? you are amazing, sarah girl. :) I love your updates! I MISS YOU. move the company to MN? please?
Post a Comment